Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Arriving Home

Home at last. After some more tests, and comments too numerous to count regarding how cute Andrew is from hospital staff, we departed Mercy Hospital for home.

Upon arriving came our first "real world" test for Andrew...Murphy (our golden retriever). The two became acquainted and quickly went about their separate ways. You can tell they went their own ways as I don't even have a picture of the two of them together. So you will have to take my word for the fact that they were in the same room as one another for at least a couple of minutes.

We took a walking tour of Andrew's new home. From what I could tell he was content with the accommodations. Quickly after the tour it was nap time. Mom and dad scrambled around the house making sure everything was where it was supposed to be.

Soon after Andrew had his first visitors, the Hilfers. Chris, Lisa, Jess & Katie came to visit. Murphy even got a visitor as Charlie (the chocolate lab) came to play too.

Well, it's off to bed. Wish us luck.

7 comments:

Bryon said...

A bit of advice. Now that you are home, turn off the phone, lock and don't answer the door. Enjoy your time alone for a while. People can wait until you're ready for visitors.

roxanne9153 said...

I am so happy for all of you. I can't wait to meet Andrew.

Roxanne

BK said...

Congrats! And I can't believe I'm going to say this, Adams is right. UGH! Enjoy it! Take your time, enjoy each other, take pictures and slow down, read books, lay on the couch. It's well worth it!

Andrew is adorable, um...handsome!

Bryon said...

That's cuz I'm smart K-naus!!

Kevin said...

Okay, when I first read the "turn off the phone..." I thought wow, that's a bit over the top. Turns out Knaus was right. You do know what you're talking about. I have heard the line (or something like it) "I didn't wake the baby did I?" about 5 times today. The house phones are now being taken and turned off.

Bryon said...

See the long haired guy is S-M-R-T!!!

BK said...

Adams is smart, only it's spelled S-M-R-T for him.